Solid perfumes are easy to make and you can bring them everywhere, hiding them in your bag or a beautiful and romantic locket.
To make a DIY solid perfume you need 3 ingredients only: beeswax, vegetable oil and essential oils.
You can use any vegetable oil, even if I suggest you jojoba and rice oils because they are smell-free, non comedogenic and don’t leave your skin greasy.
There are several types of beeswax: the white one is deodorized and don’t interfere with the smell of the other ingredients, while the yellow one could have a characteristic odor.
If you like the natural honey scent of beeswax, I suggest you to buy the organic one from a beekeeper.
Flower waxes are also a good alternative if you want to take advantage of their beautiful smell or if you are vegan and you prefer to avoid animal products. Some cosmetic ingredients e-shops sell rose, jasmine, tuberose and mimosa waxes.
Essential oils can be used alone or blended together creating your own perfume symphony.
Solid perfume DIY basic recipe
- 8 g of vegetable oil
- 1 g of beeswax
- 15-30 drops of essential oils.
How to make your DIY solid perfume
- Melt the vegetable oil and the beeswax in a small double boiler.
- As soon as the wax is melted, remove from heat, add the essential oils and stir.
- Pour the mix into the container (a small jar or a locket) and let it harden.
Your DIY solid perfume is ready!
For a stronger scent, you can use 7 g of vegetable oil, 1 g of beeswax and 60 drops of essential oils.
Please note that essential oils could irritate your skin and be dangerous, especially if you are allergic to some of them, so don’t exagerate with the application and the doses.
Suggested essential oil blends
- Ylang Ylang, palmarosa and sweet orange
- Lavender and lemon
- Rose, neroli e bergamot oil
- Ylang Ylang, bergamot e lavander
- Sandalwood, jasmine e bergamot
- Geranium, bergamot and patchouli