I love creating bath bombs because they let me play with my creativity and imagination. These sweeties look like roses and chocolate bonbons, but are made with baking soda, citric acid and romantic rose petal powder… so make sure no one eat them by mistake!
They are easy to make and the top part is decorated with a little bit of mica. I suggest you to place them in chocolate paper cups to make them look even more like real bonbons.
The rose petal powder is revitalizing and the coconut oil included in the recipe helps the ingredients to stay together and softens your skin. In summer it would be better to keep these DIY bath bombs in the fridge to better preserve them.
Bonbon bath bomb ingredients
- Baking soda: 40 g
- Citric acid: 20 g
- Rose petal powder: 10 g
- Coconut oil: 30 g
- 40-50 drops of rosewood essential oil
- A little bit of gold and pink micas + Vodka or alcohol to dilute them
Bath bombs recipe
- Mix together the baking soda, the citric acid and the rose petal powder.
- Add the previously melted coconut oil (if it’s summer you’ll have it liquid alrady) and the essential oil. Mix carefully.
- Place the mixture in round cookie cutters and let it harden in the freezer for 10 mins.
- Gently remove the bonbons from the cutters and decorate them with a thin brush (the gold and rose micas should be diluted in alcohol before to be able to use them).
- Your roses bonbons DIY bath bombs are ready, but I suggest you to wait 2-3 days before using them.